Sunday, August 06, 2006

Welcome

The Plymouth Independent Film Festival was a treasure of information and a revitalizing renewal of friendships for those in attendance. Some of the participants I had not seen in twenty five years, and as great as I appreciated being there, I noticed a definite lack in audience numbers, particular among the twenty-somethings. Sorrowfully I had to ask myself some questions.

Is the rich cultural and living heritage of cinema verite something about to die out? What's to become of the hard work and peristence of vision of the pioneers of independent film? Who is going to keep this alive, and how will it be done? That is the essence of this blog, and I hope your paritcipation will bring fruitful answers and a web of opportunity for those involved in the solutions.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don,
If I could remember my password, or if only blogger would deliver it to me, I would be blogger... yikes, could sinility crush creativity or can we hope for more.

re the Cinema Verite crowd: I saw a window of opportunity and ran with it; I hope they choose to participate and move the viewing point in the correct direction... while I am hopeful, I am also dispondant... it is so easy to read and not comment, to come and not commit to the future outcome.

Thank you Ann MacIntosh for coming and responding atleast to don! I would love to grow a summer event close to me.. I no longer like travelling. The first 8 people who say they will come have a place next year to spend the night and hang out. That should be a carrot....

Without further ado, I will proceed from being "other" to try to get Blogger to return my password lost, then like dante I may return

7:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home